June 11, 2011

Kidou's first few days at home

I met Kidou at Yori's house. He was such an active, fluffy, amazing pup! He was definitely show quality except hes a little too small - but of course to me it's just extra cute :) His redness is pure and fierce, his urajiro perfect, his tail perkedand full. In my opinion, he looks prettier than any other shibas I've met. I was hooked. Surprisingly, Yori did not screen me. Perhaps emailing me and meeting me in person were enough for her to judge. She was right. Kidou will have a loving, well-off family for his lifetime, I promise. He was very excited on the car ride and very hard to control in the Petco shop when we were shopping. After getting home, he was very active yet somewhat anxious. However, he had a voracious appetite! He enjoyed heartily some Wellness kibble and fresh raw salmon for dinner. No, he did not like his "Petco Ortho Pad" - at least not in the way i hoped.
Photobucket
The next day, he got into a depression which worried me sick! I almost got into a depression myself. He wouldn't eat, or go out, or poo. He would crouch down at the furthest corner of the room all dejected looking. I sought advice from Yori and forum members. Many told me it's normal for any puppy who just got to a new home. I suppose that makes sense.
Photobucket
Day 3, still very depressed. Pooped once in the morning thank goodness. I figured that he's sad and SMELLY so I gave him a bath with the oatmeal dog shampoo. Except a few escape attempts it went smoothly. In the end, he licked himself through and through and.......guess what! He's no longer depressed! He's bouncy and active and playful again! Everyone gets cheered up by vanilla scent right? The bath did wonders to cure his depression. Since then, Kidou has been normal. He pooped everyday or every other day. I'm happy that he adjusted to his new home so quickly. Of course, I did a lot to help, such as doing things on the floor instead of on my desk so that I could be at his level, etc. It paid off! I'm so happy (and distracted) that Kidou is in my life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment