June 28, 2011

It's very hard not to give in

So I did. After a few weeks of being in his new home, Kidou finally grasped the concept of "Wow, humans eat yummy things too!". Since then, he'd come over everytime I eat something. He would sit down real close to me and attack my conscious with his ADORABLE puppy eyes. I've read countless resources on dog behavior. All resources stress DO NOT encourage begging for food during dining time by giving the dog food. Easy for them to say. I mean, how can you resist a look like that? Whatever, Kidou's a good boy and never harassed or threatened me for food. He just comes, sits down, and patiently camps there until I finish eating. I can live with that. As a result, he'll often be rewarded with some of my food - of course, healthy things only, like low sodium cooked meats or cheese!

2 comments:

  1. yea, that's what i read too... but i can't help it! i wanna share! but i think their pretty smart to realize they get food from the mind control... not from the obvious begging... so it's not that annoying.

    ReplyDelete