July 18, 2011

I want to record my bills too

Some forum members have blogged about how much they've spent on their pets and I think it's a great idea. It helps educate current and perspective owners alike. I'm gonna do the same. On a side note: I really want to change the layout of this blog when I get more time on my hands. Kidou became part of the family on May 21st, 2011. Here's the monthly cost breakdown: May: $260 Even with just 10 days remaining, May is one of the most expensive months so far. Initial cost was about $190 on crates, toys, tooth paste, brush, etc. Food cost was about $70. Yes, I bought too much via Amazon even before he came home. First time owner's mistake. June: $35 Food still lasts. Just some spending here and there on toys, treats, and bully sticks.

3 comments:

  1. I tried keeping the receipts of Saya's raw meat, but when it came to buying from the farmer's market I didn't get receipts from them..

    So it's not all complete. =\ I should have brought a piece of paper and pen to write the prices of the things I bought from them.

    Same with all the things I got her I never kept record.. Good luck with it though wished I got started sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'vee been keeping a log since I got Hiro last december. The avg for the past 3 mo is $225. the running total is $3400+ O_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing to do actually and probably helps some new to dogs or soon to be dog owners know how much goes into a dog.

    ReplyDelete